Century Chemical Works Sendirian Berhad recognizes that in the wake of societal expectations for sustainable development that place great emphasis on the ability of an organization to protect the environment to meet the expectation of all interested parties, statutory and regulatory requirements, and at the same time, to respond to changing environmental conditions in balance with socio-economic needs, it is our responsibility to demonstrate leadership and commitment by:
- Taking full accountability for the establishment, implementation, maintenance and effectiveness of our Environmental Management System as well as all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Ensuring that our Environmental Objectives are duly established and well aligned with the strategic direction of our organization;
- Embarking on Guided Self-Regulation which was initiated by the Department of Environment Malaysia through adoption and implementation of Environmental Mainstreaming (EM) Tools;
- Ensuring the integration of our Environmental Management System requirements into our business model and processes, thus making it our core values and work culture;
- Ensuring that all resources needed for the Environmental Management System are available or made available;
- Communicating the importance of effective Environmental Management and of conforming to the Environmental Management System both internally and externally to all interested parties;
- Ensuring that our Environmental Management System achieves its intended results through prudent planning, executing, periodical monitoring, reviewing and re-strategizing versus changes;
- Engaging, directing and supporting employees and other related parties to contribute to the effectiveness of our Environmental Management System;
- Promoting continual improvement of our environmental Management System to enhance environmental performance;
- Supporting other relevant management roles and team members to demonstrate, upkeep and enhance their leadership as it applies to their areas of responsibility;
- Ensuring that all Environmental Aspects of our activities, products and services , and their associated impacts are duly determined by considering from a Life Cycle Perspective;
- Ensuring that due protection and control measures are taken to mitigate or minimize the adverse effects of environment.
- Ensuring that all facilities will be operated in an environmentally responsible manner and in compliance with regulations and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements;
- Ensuring that efforts to conserve environment, energy and resources are initiated through implementation of 4R to optimize utilization of resources and thus minimization of wastes.
Navigate towards Cleaner, Greener, Renewable and Sustainable Solar PV Energy
Inauguration of the 1st Solar PV station by the Managing Director, Mr. Goh HS, and the Executive Director, Mr. Khoo HS, of Century Chemical Works Sdn. Bhd., on 26th Aug 2020 not only notched another milestone in the history of the company, but also demonstrated the steadfast commitment of the company in upholding its corporate responsibility in contributing towards global sustainable development. The 100% self-funded Solar PV project was initiated by the Top Management of the company in line with the Solar NEM under 11th Malaysia Plan, but was sized down from 867.2 kWP DC to 572 kWP DC due to restrictions set by the authority. Upon commissioning, the Solar PV system is able to produce a total of 812,540 kWh per annum, and this will bring a total utility savings of circa MYR 307,989 per year or an estimated reduction of 544 tons of CO2-e emission per year which is equivalent to having 16,243 trees cleansing the air per year.